Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Suck it up cupcakes

Recently two of the most conservative candidates running for the nomination dropped out of the 2008 presidential race. I have seen a couple of dynamics with this that are pretty clear. First, I am glad to see so many conservatives keeping the support of the process alive, and not giving up on their principles just because their main candidate is no longer in the race. Those that seek to figure out who to next support with what we have, are the ones who will help keep the conservative issues alive even if the candidate is not 100% what they want.

Second, I am disappointed with conservatives that are slinking away and behaving like spoiled children because they did not get 100% what they want. To them I say suck it up cupcakes, because your conservative voice will have a better audience and possibilities with any of the republican candidates than it ever could with Barack, Hillary or John. Yes, can you choose a write-in, choose not to vote… and of course it will be an excellent premise for you when you are sitting on your asses down the road blaming everyone else for any troubles. But come on act like the conservative you claim to be. I was taught if you are bucked off the horse get back on. So dust off your chaps and get back on the horse and help fight the good fight.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: